20 November 2007

Picture pages

A friend sent me a couple of pictures from the party, and not a second too late because after quite a few days now of nonstop blogging, I'm ready for a bit of a break. Therefore, for your viewing enjoyment:




Today I am thankful for potatoes. I know, I know, it sounds crazy. But just think about how good they are in just about every form under the sun, and how satisfying. Tonight we had them fried up in perfect rounds, with garlic and basil. And of course Thanksgiving is coming up, and although I don't know how or in what form we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, I am planning to make a perfectly fluffy batch of mashed taters.

Oh, and I am also thankful for Belgian holidays, which never fail to surprise me. Today is Saint-Verhaeghen's day, during which the the students of the Free University run around throwing eggs at their high school teachers and then form a parade that winds around the center of town. They also ask everyone for change to pay for the beer they consume throughout the day, and you are at risk of getting egged and floured if you don't pony up.

No comments: