23 November 2008

Vacation days



As one of America's major holidays draws near, I thought I'd post this little graphic I saw the other day. I'll let you come to your own conclusions.

What else? We went to see Burn After Reading. The Coen brothers are pretty genius, and Brad Pitt's character had me in fits of giggling even when no one else in the theater was laughing. I found all of acting in the movie quite stellar.

And I made this for dessert. I bought persimmons on impulse, so am cooking them for the first time in my life. My first attempt was a persimmon tabouleh salad, which I didn't care for too much. But persimmons soaked in rum and topped with coconut cream? Yes.

Sorry for the slacker post. 23 days in, I'm finding it hard to maintain the ganas for daily writing... and thought I'd take a semi-break before this week, which will be food-focused I'm sure, as I prepare for turkey day!

No comments: