19 May 2009

May days

I realized the last post is a little too "woe is me!" so I should add that despite it all, it's May, and May in my opinion is The Best Month. When I was in high school, my birthday was just a week before a good friend's birthday, and in calculus class we declared those five days--by writing the words across the empty squares in my calendar--a week of AWESOMENESS. So in my mind, when May rolls around, the awesomeness begins.

This weekend we celebrated my birthday and my sister-in-law's birthday and my father-in-law's saint day in an omnibus outdoor dinner, and I got to choose new clothes from my mother-in-law's store, always a fun prospect. Meanwhile, back in New England, celebrations for my nephew's birthday and my mother's birthday (today!!!) and mother's day and some April birthdays thrown into the mix were also underway. It's a transatlantic party for both sides of our family!

The weather is perfect, the kind of weather I wish it could be year-round, sun and breezes and cool evenings. Our plants are going gangbusters, the balcony doors are permanently thrown open, and even though I don't like the haircut I got yesterday, my husband tells me I'm pretty.

Like I said: awesomeness.

Happy birthday, mom!

1 comment:

alba monedero said...

Hi Robin! Do you remember me? I've comment some of your posts to invite you to do a tour around Barcelona. Aren't you interested? I wish so :)

We are inviting expats bloggers in Barcelona to do a tour, so you can know us and give your opinion. What we want to do is to have some reviews in our blog from you, so we would like to record you in an interview (you can visit the blog http://www.mediaforis.com/barcelona-guide-bureau/).

Please, contact me so I can tell you all the details about the tours, days, what can we do...

My email: amonedero@digitalseed.es

Thank you and hope to hear from you!
Alba